Kansas Barber License Examination
To be eligible to take the Kansas barber license examination, an individual must be a graduate of a Kansas barber college that has been approved by this Board to provide barber training.
The application must be completed in its entirety. Any missing information will cause the application to be considered incomplete. The following documentation must accompany your application.
- Signed documentation from a physician or public health official indicating the recent results of a tuberculin test. If you are a recent graduate of a Kansas barber college, the Board will already have this documentation on file.
- Photocopy of your Certificate of Graduation from the barber college. If you do not have this available you must contact the Board office at 785.296.2211.
Barber Examination Job Aids
In order to pass the Kansas Barber License Examination, a minimum score of 80% must be attained on each of the three portions of the exam.
The barber license examination consists of the following.
- Practical examination. This is performed on two live models. It is the responsibility of the examinee to arrange for their own models.
- Written NIC Barber Styling Theory exam.
- Written Kansas Rules and Regulations Examination.
A summary of the exam procedures are provided in this link.
Examinees are required to bring the tools and supplies listed in the exam kit list.
The NIC Barber Styling Theory written examination administered during the Kansas Barber License Examination is a 110 question, multiple-choice examination over all aspects of barber theory. This link to the Candidate Information Bulletin provides a summary of the various barber theory areas covered in the exam and provides a few sample questions.